Figures show that out of 48 incidents in Bassetlaw since April 1 2014, nearly 50 per cent were at properties that did not have fitted smoke alarms. Of the properties that did have smoke alarms fitted, over 10 per cent of these did not activate due to having a flat battery. It would be great if anybody in the area on Saturday can come and have a chat to us and get some free advice on how to keep them and their families safe in the homes, said Matthew Reavill, Station Manager, Community Safety North. We are concerned our data shows that a number of fires over the last year were at homes that did not have smoke alarms present. Our data also shows that only half of the households in Bassetlaw have smoke alarms fitted and we want to raise awareness of how dangerous it can be to not have one of these lifesaving devices. The day of action comes at the same time as the Fire Kills Tick Tock Test campaign, which is encouraging people across the country to test their smoke alarms when they change their clocks on Sunday 29 March. The national campaign wants people to give themselves a better chance of surviving a fire by ensuring they have functioning alarms in their household. As part of the campaign, NFRS is offering the following advice to residents: Fit smoke alarms on every level of your home and test them weekly. Make a bedtime check each night, close doors, turn off appliances, check the cooker and washing machine are both off and make sure cigarettes and candles are all put out properly. Plan an escape route, make sure everybody knows it, keep exits clear and keep keys where everybody can find them.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.notts-fire.gov.uk/927D8C1C8DC14BAF93875D2B6E718FCC.asp
Man released after false IS alarm on Vienna-London easyJet flight - Yahoo News
View photo A woman sitting next to the man on the London-bound easyJet flight from Vienna had alerted cabin crew after seeing what she thought could be messages related to the extremist Islamic State (IS) group on his phone (AFP Photo/Philippe Huguen) Vienna (AFP) - An Iraqi man hauled off an easyJet flight in Vienna just before takeoff after a passenger thought he might be an Islamic extremist, has been released, officials said on Sunday. "There was nothing suspicious found and he has been allowed to continue his journey," interior ministry spokesman Karl-Heinz Grundboeck told AFP. "The only thing outstanding is a detailed analysis of his mobile phone," he said of the incident which took place on Saturday. A woman sitting next to him on the London-bound plane had alerted cabin crew after seeing what she thought could be messages related to the extremist Islamic State (IS) group on his phone. All passengers had to disembark while the Airbus and all bags were checked. It finally took off three hours later but without the man or the woman, who were questioned. The incident comes as Europe steps up security following Tuesday's bombings in Brussels, in which three suicide bombers killed 28 people in a series of attacks claimed by IS. Society & Culture
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://news.yahoo.com/man-released-false-alarm-vienna-london-easyjet-flight-105220077.html
ITV studios evacuated after fire breaks outITV Studios has been... The fire began shortly after Good Morning Britain began at 6am and the London Fire Brigade confirmed that the situation is "still ongoing". A message on the GMB Twitter account read : " We've been evacuated because of a fire alarm. You are currently logged in as . Not ? Enter Username Enter Numbers Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback .
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.topix.com/news/fire/2016/03/itv-studios-evacuated-after-fire-breaks-outitv-studios-has-been